Saturday, May 31, 2014

Being 27: The Pre-Birthday Random Musings

I turn 27 in a few days; June 4th to be exact. I've been struck with another phase of writer's block after a good streak and I feel creatively challenged. So I've decided to blog about 27 random things about me, my life so far, and the random things that comes to my mind during the next hour or so. So, here we go!

1.) I'm a rationalist and an atheist since the age of 15.
2.) I believe in the communist ideology but hate the communist parties in India.
3.) I love travelling and I've a huge list of places which I want to visit/backpack through.
4.) I still have a scar from the bike accident that happened 5 years ago. My parents want me to get it removed by surgery. But I want it to remain, as a reminiscent of my college life and my first accident.
5.) I've never written a blog post for partaking in a contest, howsoever tempting the rewards were. I believe in writing straight from the heart and not forcing myself to write about something because there is expectation of something at the end of it. And I write for myself, and no one else and when and only when, the words come out straight from my heart. I hope I do not change during the course of time.
6.) I don't like the idea of social networking. I don't have a Facebook account. Nor do I've an Orkut/Twitter/MySpace/Whatsapp/WeChat account. My only social face would be this blog and my LinkedIn profile.
7.) I used to be an old timer in the A Smoke Filled Cafe room in Rediff Bol Chat.I really, really miss those good old days.
8.) I wrote my first piece of creative writing when I was 10 (that's as far as I can recollect). It was a single stanza poem with four lines which I still remember it. And one of the girls, whom I didn't like at the time, read it loud to the whole class. I still disliked her. And a year later, she did something for me that I'd never forget and would be ever grateful for. Thank you Jerin. I really wish I had kept in touch with you when you left the school a couple of years later.
9.) During my yearly appraisal a month back, my office head asked me not to be too straightforward and outspoken but to be "diplomatic". I simply smiled.
10.) I'm a sapiosexual. The ignorant among you, stop grinning. If you have to Google it to know what it really means, it probably doesn't concern you.
11.) When I wrote sapiosexual above, Blogger didn't find it amusing or worthy enough of adding to its lexicon. Instead, it suggested homosexual!!!
12.) The first thing I did when I turned 18 was to apply for a driver's license. I love driving and travelling. Happiness is driving a red car!
13.) Talking about driving and travelling, I'm waiting to buy my own Royal Enfield.
14.) I almost got thrown out of college for something that had to do with sanitary napkins!
15.) I was the college debate champion for consecutive years. I'd a wonderful debate partner in Nanditha.
16.) I started blogging in 2005. I left the blogosphere and quit blogging in my first blog because one particular woman was keen on harassing me and shooting false accusations at me publicly.
17.) I cut my first birthday cake ever last year in my office. It was a pleasant surprise and special too.
18.) I window shop on e-commerce sites when I'm bored!
19.) I'm a perfectionist and feel quite guilty when I've to finish up for the sake of finishing up.
20.) My first crush was probably my classmate from kindergarten. From what I know, we even used to go to the toilet together! Years later, I tried to trace her whereabouts but was unsuccessful. I've no idea where she's right now.
21.) After completing my bachelors degree in electrical engineering, I shunned two IT jobs to take up my present job in the bank even though it paid me less than half of what the IT companies offered me at that time. I hated the IT life and wanted to be in the service sector and reach out to people. But four and half years down the lane, there have been quite a few times when I introspected my decision.
22.) A year ago, I met someone here on the blogosphere and my world was never the same. She is so much like me yet so different. It lead me to learn a lot and unlearn a few. And she taught me to express in hashtags! Thank you so much, Kuch Bhi, because there could only be one you! #TheSpecialOne #GoodTimes
23.) I tend to be introverted in real life. I take a lot of time to warm up to people and I don't do that quite often too. So, generally, people have the impression that I'm arrogant and conceited. Not that I bother. I was voted Mr. Jada during my first year at college!
24.) I love the colour black and the number 13.
25.) I'm a die hard Chelsea fan and dream of watching them play from the stands at Stamford Bridge.
26.) I used to be a die hard fan of John Grisham and have read almost all of his novels. I loved his novels so much that I wanted to take up law after my school.
27.) When I die, I want to be remembered as a storyteller.

FootNote: This post turned out to be much harder than I thought. After a while, the randomness got stuck in nothingness and I was left wondering what to write next!

ToeNote: I realized that age isn't in any way related to maturity and that people can still be real assholes even when at 75! #MyFirstCourtCase

NailNote: There is one particular post that has been in my draft for a long time now. I fervently hope that something/someone inspires me to finish it soon enough.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have made it to the list. Glad to have scratched that soul to leave a tiny scar, however long it lasts. Toely, glad to have made your acquaintance. Happy 27 th year of survival. On a totally different note, I hate birthdays.See ya around #loveyou.

Manish Muralidharan said...

:) #ChokedOnWords

Anonymous said...

:D

P.S:Sarcasm intended?

Manish Muralidharan said...

No. You should know better!

Anonymous said...

Do I? #Bewildered

Manish Muralidharan said...

There's something called as a SMS. Remember?

Anonymous said...

I kept my promise, MBoy! Where's your post?

Manish Muralidharan said...

I saw. And I complain of plagiarism!

Thou shalt have your post. Soon enough.

Anonymous said...

What's yours is mine honey :) Lets share the credit, although I doubt anyone would ever ask.

Anonymous said...

The anniversary falls on 11th of June. Are we celebrating it virtually? #Excited

Manish Muralidharan said...

I doubt if anyone would ever realize it. And I don't think I mind it. But still, there's that platinum band with tiny names inscribed on the outer, the way he wanted it. Remember?

Manish Muralidharan said...

Sure. Maybe, you'll have your post as an anniversary gift. What say?

Anonymous said...

Its gold ! And yes, people compromise. That's how relationships survive, apparently.

I would love that as an anniversary gift :) Who knows when you might get another chance to gift me something? :P

Manish Muralidharan said...

#Ouch on multiple counts

Anonymous said...

P.S: You still have the watch?

Anonymous said...

No one comments on my blog anymore. #InnocentPuppyEyes.

Manish Muralidharan said...

Yes, I still have the watch.

You hardly write anymore. It had been months. People grow out of things and habits. They end up figuring that they could actually move on and live with things they thought were an essential part of their lives.

And if it's of any consolation to you, you're the only one who commented on my blog after such a long time.

Anonymous said...

You egoistic male! It was supposed to read,"You didnt comment on my post" :P

Manish Muralidharan said...

I know hun! I knew it right from the moment you said, "I kept my promise"! You never change! You think you're subtle but to me, it is clear as broad daylight #WideGrin

Anonymous said...

:D *Embarassed*

Who? Me! Naaah..

You are an MCP #Fact1

We didnt date, but you are still my ex #Fact2

Manish Muralidharan said...

We are going to have a long, long conversation tonight. #Fact 3

Anonymous said...

F*** ! I have a feeling I have missed all this :)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous still misses everything.
The husky voice, the intelligent conversations, the power play, the subtle sarcasm, the heavy flattery, the feeling that comes with knowing someone for ages yet knowing nothing about them, the tears that come from reading some texts, that choked up feeling of missing someone they have no reason to miss.

Words move me. I am glad they do.

Manish Muralidharan said...

Somehow, I'm glad to know that you do.

Anonymous said...

Is there any truth in it all? Beneath all those layers of smooth talk and lavish showers of compliments? Is there more to it beyond the hypocrisy?

I have a very low self esteem. I need reassurances. I don't want to be judged.

Manish Muralidharan said...

I'm responsible only for what I say; not for what you understand out of it.